Training and Developement Spezialist (m/w/d)
Our long corporate history and our commitment to the market have made us the largest security services provider in Germany. Worldwide, Securitas employs 345,000 people in 46 countries and regions, 21,500 of them in Germany. Tailor-made security solutions using modern technology and proximity to our customers are our strengths. We provide security solutions for customers in all sectors and of all sizes and are represented throughout Germany. Due to our diverse customer objects, our broad customer base and our strong team cohesion, we offer both stability and variety in our tasks. We are all united by a common goal: we are committed to making the world a safer place every day. Our fundamental values of honesty, attentiveness and helpfulness help us to achieve this.
We are looking for a Training and Development Specialist (m/d/w) for our location in Berlin with an EMEA wide willingness to travel.
The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for developing, administering, and facilitating training curriculum for a variety of audiences using adult learning strategies and experiential learning opportunities for the CO+I Physical Security program. The Training and Development Specialist will deliver training in a variety of forums, including in-person both domestically and internationally, as well as web-based training. The role also requires review of training documentation, preparation, maintenance, and presentation of training reports, metrics to members of the Sr. Management team and the client, as well as assists with new employee onboarding. The Training and Development Specialist will also engage on wider security projects across the program.
- Plans, prepares, and facilitates training for security officers, supervisors, site-based management teams, and Headquarters-based teams on security functions, processes, responsibilities, technologies and more, considering variances in cultural learning styles and time zones.
- Travels domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Creates, develops, and facilitates training material and presentations according to the Master Training Plan and Datacenter Physical Security objectives including synchronous learning opportunities, courses, manuals, instructor-led PowerPoint presentations, and written assessments.
- Maintains a documentation review cycle to ensure content remains accurate and up to date with processes and procedures and Datacenter Physical Security branding.
- Serves as Training team representative on projects with Operations personnel and other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout document review and document creation cycles to ensure accuracy, usability, and procedural requirements.
- Creates and maintains monthly assessments in accordance with annual training calendar.
- Crafts communications regarding document releases and updates and sends to appropriate audiences.
- At the direction of the Regional Training and Development Manager, assigns training in the Master Training Plan (MTP) and the Securitas Learning Management System (LMS).
- Conducts weekly, monthly, and quarterly self-audits to ensure all program staff are compliant with the required Statement of Work on training and provides monthly status reports.
- Complete site visits and in person training through the region and globally if required. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
- May be required to work in an active construction environment.
- Must be available for domestic and international travel up to 40% of the time.
- Required ability to adjust schedule and working hours regularly when necessary to meet operational needs.
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Computer usage which may include prolonged periods of data entry.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing multiple floors of stairs, walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Regular talking and hearing.
Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the country where the position is located.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely high attention to detail.
- Effective time management in order to deliver projects on-time and that meet expectations.
- Ability to receive direct or indirect instruction in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; act upon such instruction, and partner with stakeholders for clarification when needed.
- Competent writer; exhibits knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented workplace where judgment and professionalism were necessities.
- Capably work under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to create and revise documentation with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new techniques and technologies as required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to plan and lead training sessions and confidently chair other such business meetings.
- Prepared to travel with flexibility and a short notice to support the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of training related experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and Excel.
- Experience working in security, military, or law enforcement a plus.
- Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Interesting benefits, e.g. employee discounts with various providers
- Additional employer contribution to company pension plan (bAV)
- Protection through Securitas group accident insurance for all employees - even during their free time